Garlic Toasts



A local restaurant makes these popular garlic toast strips to serve with their delicious soups and salads. They also sell them in bags to go. VERY simple to make, yet SO tasty and addictive. Your family will love 'em!

One of my friends made a big basket the other night with lasagna and they were all quickly gobbled up!

 I decided I needed some MORE so I made a smaller batch. I painted them with plenty of butter.

I had them with some salad.

I had ALOT of them with my salad!



Actually, the basket of these crispy buttery toasts was gone in no time!



Garlic Toasts
{3rd Street market}

1 lb. butter, melted
1 T. garlic salt
1 T.( rounded }garlic powder
2-3 loaves bread

Paint the butter mixture on bread. Slice into strips and bake at 300 for 15 minutes, until brown and crisp.

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That's the trouble with garlic toast - how can one NOT have a lot of them!! :-) Looks good!

La Dolche Vita said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing. My husband and I created a garlic toast spread that we just keep in the fridge, just for this occasion. We are huge garlic bread fans!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

They really sound delicious. I'm new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Katerina said...

I love garlic bread especially with my salad!

Melanie @ Melanie Cooks said...

Looks very crispy and garlicky! Must be so addictive!

Sudha said...

Hello Laurie,
First time on your blog and I'm absolutely taken!You have such a wonderful place here with interesting recipes.The Garlic toast looks delicious and I'm going to give this a try pretty soon - following you and glad to have found you:)