Leftover pitas....


Remember the leftover pitas in my refrigerator? I used some for chicken salad (recipe here) and some for pesto pitas ( recipe here), but I still had a few left.

I had just put together some salsa and realized I didn't have any chips when I remember those pitas. So I took them out and cut them into triangles.



Then I brushed them with olive oil, sprinkled garlic powder on some and sea salt on the others.I baked them at 350 until browned.



 I hadn't made these in years...... I forgot how good they were.....so crunchy and delicious!

But I still had 2 pitas left. So I cut those into strips, brushed them with olive oil, and sprinkled poppy seed on top. I plan to serve these crispy strips with salads tomorrow for dinner.



2 comments:

Crazy Southern Woman said...

I have some right now that are about to expire! I'm totally going to do this! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! it'll add a fabulous crunch to your salad!