Paula's warm macaroni and mozzarella salad



I just happened to be watching Paula's Home Cooking and saw her make this warm salad with her son Bobby. It would give me another chance to use more basil from my herb garden, so I gave it a go.

I've made pasta similar to this many times, but the addition of the lemon juice gave it such a light, fresh, summertime taste. 

It was a terrific side dish served with some grilled chicken brats!







Paula's Warm Macaroni and Mozzarella Salad

2 c. macaroni, cooked
1/2 c. chopped basil leaves
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper

Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Set aside. Cook the pasta and drain. Add the vinegar mixture, stir in the basil, parsley, and cheese and stir until melted. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Cheese, pasta, basil, all favorites of mine. Who wouldn't like this!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that sounds delicious! i love bow tie pasta! haven't been able to find it GF though :s