Sweet Macaroni salad....pinned it and tried it





One of my friends makes a wonderful macaroni salad, I just love it!  I pinned one pretty much the same from Taste of Home and gave it a try. It was equally delicious, too!

It's supposed to be refrigerated over night, but I was too hungry to wait, and took the photo,too. If you wait like you are supposed too, it turns very creamy.

It makes alot, and I will warn you ahead of time, it is VERY sweet. It has a cup of sugar, plus the sweetened condensed milk! That's why it's perfect for a potluck, so you won't eat the whole thing yourself.

Because, believe me, you will!

Sweet Macaroni Salad
T of H

1 {16 oz.} package macaroni, cooked and rinsed in cool water
1 green pepper, chopped ( I leave out or sometimes use a red pepper)
1 small red onion, chopped
4 medium carrots, shredded
2 cups mayo
1 c. sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix the mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar,salt and pepper. Pour over the macaroni, pepper, carrot and onion. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. Serves 14.







Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm always looking for a good macaroni salad recipe. Thanks for sharing! I love your pretty plate too. ;)