Gingerbread Pancakes


The aroma of these gingerbread pancakes makes my mouth water...I can hardly wait to finish cooking them and get them onto my plate! Cinnamon and molasses....nothing smells better in the fall, does it? I like to drizzle them with real maple syrup, no butter even needed for me.

This time, though, I added a dab of cream on top and some eyes to make a ghost. I saw that idea on Pinterest, and thought it was pretty cute. Not only was it cute, it was delicious!

I love pancakes so much, that I make them pretty often..usually just for me. I like to cook up a batch and freeze them for a quick lunch. Sure makes my day!





Gingerbread Pancakes


1 c. flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon ( I use heaping)
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp. molasses
1 Tbsp.oil ( I use canola)

Mix the wet ingredients, add the dry and mix well. Fry on a hot griddle. Serves 2 to 3.

No comments: