Harvest Cobb Salad...pinned it and tried it...and devoured it!


Pinned, tried, and devoured is right...... Brent and I ate most of of it and then fought over leftovers the next day. He won.

But don't worry, I'll be making this again soon.

I don't often cut up apples and pears to put on our salads, or use oven roasted pecans much. It's usually walnuts and most of the time berries I throw on salads. In fact, once fall hits I'm not thinking of salads that often. I'm on to more comfort foods.

But this sounded too good not try. I did switch a few things to our own preferences.(I found the recipe here.) I love the original Cobb Salad, but have never tried a version with harvest ingredients before. Using a poppy seed dressing was a excellent idea,too.

 The combo is delicious!

Another Pinterest success!






Harvest Cobb Salad
adapted from ddelicious

4 slices, bacon, chopped
1 apple, diced
1 pear, diced
2 large eggs, boiled
6 c. romaine lettuce, torn
1/2 c. toasted pecan halves
1/3 c. dried cherries
1 c. chicken, cooked and diced
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

1/3 c. mayo
1/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Arrange lettuce  on a platter. Top with rows of apple, pear, eggs, bacon, pecans, cherries,chicken, and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with salad dressing. Serves 4....or just Brent and I :)



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: