Special Christmas present....

Hi everyone!

I have something fun to share today....a VERY special present I got for Christmas this year from my daughter. She made me a recipe book, filled with some of her favorites. Complete with photo's and handwritten recipes. A few years ago, she made one for me, and I treasure it! I couldn't believe she made me ANOTHER one...they take SO much time...but she did.... AND the cover is my favorite color!
 I look at it every day. 
Sometimes more than once a day!!! 


And her sweet pups are even in it!


The recipe cards are all different:
.



And the photo's make me SO hungry:



The recipes are fun to try, and I have many more to go!

I love the cute stickers!




This is sinful...yes we tried it already....sinfully bacony good! Is that a word? It should be!





Here is the last page:


I think you can see why I love this gift!

One of the first recipes I tried was Pioneer Woman's Mexican Salad. 
My daughter has all of her cookbooks, and has tried tons of her recipes. It was awesome!


Here it is:




1/2 c. mayo
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. sour cream
3 Tbsp. minced cilantro
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
hot sauce to taste
1 clove garlic, grated
salt and pepper to taste

Mix well. Serve on greens,tomato,black olives, red onion, tortilla chips,cilantro, shredded cheese ..any toppings you like!


Have a great day!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: