Applesauce Cake...Throwback Thursday



Throwback Thursday...Applesauce Cake.





Sunday, November 4, 2012



 I wish I had a better photo of this AWESOME cake! It was just perfect in every way. It was moist, flavorful, and the frosting absolutely delicious.

One of my friends brought a few pieces over to share...I'm so glad she did, as I really enjoyed it. I asked for the recipe and she had found it at all recipes. I don't know where she got the recipe for the frosting but that was my favorite part. 

Wait. Maybe the cake was.

 No, the frosting.

 Ok, both were great!

I'm going to make it for the next potluck I go to. I think I'll add some nuts,too. 

Maybe I need to make a small cake and cut the recipe in half or something. I can't wait for a potluck!



Apple sauce cake VI
(all recipes)

3 c. flour 
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
 2 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 c. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a greased 10 in.bundt pan and bake at 350 for 50 -60 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean. cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before frosting.





Frosting

4 T butter, cut into chunks
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 to 1 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
I added maple flavoring

Put butter in a medium saucepan with the brown sugar, cream and salt and set over medium heat.
Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute exactly and then pull if off the heat.

Leave the pan to cool for a couple of minutes and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar until
you have a thick, but pourable consistency (you may not need all the sugar). If the mixture seems
too thick just add a splash of cream to thin it out a little. Immediately pour the glaze over the cake,
moving slowly and evenly to cover as much surface as possible. Let the glaze set before serving.

No comments: