Walnut Spinach Salad

Hi Everybody!



Welcome to my new cooking blog, Cookin' up North. Some of you have already tried many of my recipes on my other blog, http://stampingupnorthwithlaurie.blogspot.com/ where I made and posted many scrapbook recipe pages. I have decided to separate my two loves...stamping and cooking...with two separate blogs.


Most of my recipes here will be new...but I'll also be posting many of my old favorites in hopes to get all of my recipes located on one blog.
Today I'm sharing a new salad I made....and ate.... almost all by myself...it was SO good! The dressing is awesome and the toasted walnuts really had me reaching for more {and more.} I made it with spinach and when that ran out I used Romain lettuce. It's a winner!
Walnut Spinach Salad

1/3 c. olive oil
3T. sugar {I used Splenda}
2 T. white wine vinegar {I used red}
2 T. sour cream {I used lite}
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
Mix well. Pour on top of fresh spinach, dried cranberries, and toasted walnuts.


Enjoy!


7 comments:

Created by Kath said...

I'm your first follower;)! I started visiting your other blog because of recipes you posted there, so I'm excited.

laurie said...

Thanks! I'm excited too. I think this will work out much better for those readers just interested in recipes. Laurie

Lorri said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY this is definitely the highlight of my day!!! WOOTWOOT! LOVE your new blog Laurie!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

June K said...

I have been reading your other blog and love both your cards and recipes. This is nice you have two blogs now. I'll be able to bookmark one for food and one for stamping.

**June**

Penny Hanuszak said...

Laurie I've just got to say I love both aspects of your blogging - cooking and crafting, and you do such a wonderful job at both! It's so cool you're branching out in this adventure. Keep on cookin!

Liliana said...

Thanks Laurie for doing this blog. I read your other blog almost daily and love all your cards & recipes. I've tried some of your yummy recipes and love them! Thanks again. Blessings.

Jen Mitchell said...

I've always enjoyed reading your recipes and trying some of them out. I'll be sure to add this to my "must read" list. Good luck!