Bacon Cashew Salad


This recipe came from a Taste of Home magazine. The dressing is very light with a sweet brown sugar flavor. It goes well with the cashews and bacon, and I like the added tang of the Swiss cheese. I love to munch on a big bowl of this!




Bacon Cashew Tossed Salad

4 c. torn romaine
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 c. real  bacon bits
1/2 c. salted cashews

Dressing
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. minced onion
1/4 tsp. poppy seeds
1/4 tsp. ground mustard

Shake well and pour over salad. Top with cashews, bacon and cheese.

3 comments:

Katerina said...

I love your salad. Especially lately with my diet I eat a lot of salads. I will include yours to my salads to do. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm with Katerina, I'v been eating tons of salads recently, just had one for lunch! These are my favorite kind too, with nuts and cheese! I haven't tried this combination yet but I will - looks great!

Pam said...

It looks delicious! I love salads with nuts and cheese. This is a must try!