Blueberry Crumb Cake, Baking with Dorie


I've been waiting and waiting to make this crumb cake! I bought the blueberries..had everything ready to go.... but no time to bake it. It's just been too busy this week with school starting again. I finally got it in the oven last night.


It's simply wonderful. I would bake this again and again. It's PACKED with blueberries and the nutty crumb topping is delicious! Actually I had a hard time not eating the topping before I got it on the cake. This is another of Dorie's recipes found on page 192-193 of Baking from My House to Yours, or you can find it here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - such a busy time of year for everyone! Ok so I LOVE crumb cakes! I should know better now than to visit your blog in the morning while sipping my coffee - it ALWAYS makes my stomach grumble!(I keep coming back though!) Thanks for the recipe!

Katerina said...

I can understand what you mean. I spent all this week buying school books and materials. It's been really hectic. I am sure that a bite of this cake would make me forget everything.

Unknown said...

Looks wonderfully moist and delicious, Laurie!

Von said...

This looks and sounds so so good! I love anything with a crunchy crust =D (I like crunchy things) And I like blueberries too! I'll have to try this one day....

Tina said...

youjust reminded me that I need to make this again.. SOON!! :)