Chicken Fajitas Recipe


It's, "I feel like fajitas tonight!"  Chicken to be exact. This morning I quickly threw a Ziploc bag full of this dry seasoning mix with some chicken strips, oil, and lemon juice to marinate while I was at work. All I had to do when I got home was slice the veggies and cook!


I like to double or triple the dry seasoning mix and store it in Ziploc bags. My mornings are sometimes hectic getting ready for work so this works well for me.



Chicken Fajitas

3-4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. oil

Dry seasoning mix:
1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt {I use Lawry's}
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Mix and marinate chicken with oil and lemon juice 1-4 hours. {over night is OK too}

Saute in 2 Tbsp. oil:
1 green pepper, julienned
1 red pepper, julienned
1 yellow pepper, julienned
1 onion, sliced

Remove from pan and set aside. {keep warm} In the same skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink. Add peppers and reheat. Serve in flour tortilla's.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS IS EXACTLY what we do! It made me excited to see yours because my husband I are always thinking, "is it this easy?" YES! You're right on with this! No need to buy those premade mixes in the store IF you have these seasonings on hand. Thanks for sharing!

Katerina said...

Thanks for sharing the seasoning. So far I have been reluctant in using homemade but I am bookmarking yours to try it in my next Mexican dish. Your chicken looks very juicy.

Unknown said...

My kinda meal!