Cowboy Beans

No picnic at my house would be complete without Cowboy Beans. And as we were having a picnic...I had to make some! I'm always hoping for leftovers as I love to take some to work to heat up for lunch. I don't really know what it is about these... but they sure are a favorite of mine!

Cowboy Beans

1 lb. hamburger
1 small onion, diced
1 large can Bush baked beans
bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 can kidney beans
1 c. ketchup
2 Tbsp. mustard
2 tbsp. vinegar
4 tbsp. brown sugar

Brown hamburger and onion. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and add hamburger. Mix well and place in a greased casserole. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet and savory! YUMMMMMMMMMM! Another one perfect for FALL! We're tailgating this weekend and I'm thinking about doing a bean dish myself. Maybe a Chili of some sort... Thanks for sharing this!

Katerina said...

These beans would go great with my enchiladas. I will keep this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Lorri said...

YUM! May have to try these for our BBQ this weekend. THANKS LAURIE!! Into my "Laurie's Recipes" file. WOW you have your own file on my desktop! LOL

Unknown said...

Oooh, Laurie, those look so good...I could definitely go for a bowl RIGHT NOW!

Unknown said...

Hello,I was wondering if you drain the kidney beans? I am making it now, thank you!! :)

laurie said...

Yes I always drain the beans!

LtJesse said...

Do you mean the 28oz can?