Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Raisin Sauce Recipe for Ham



Last week Brent and I went to a fundraiser dinner where they served ham with a raisin sauce. I have NEVER tried raisin sauce before. Brent and I can't remember either of our families ever serving it. Quite frankly I didn't think I'd care for it. Much to my surprise, it was GOOD! I wish I would have tried it years ago, but better late than never, right?

I decided to make some myself. I looked around at several recipes and decide to combine a couple to suit my tastes.

Raisin Sauce

1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 c. raisins
1 1/2 c. water

Mix in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Keep warm until ready to serve.

3 comments:

Design Wine and Dine said...

I love the combination of brown sugar and mustard! I'm also a fan of sweet sauces on ham!

katerina said...

Laurie this is absolutely mouthwatering. The photo is great too.

That Crafty Korean Girl said...

My grandmother made this and I loved it... I don't have her recipe, but she used apple cider