Caramel French Toast Recipe

Oh my.

This is sinful.

It's rich and decadent....

and I want more!

Try it!



Caramel French Toast
  {Taste of Home}

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
6 slices french bread, cut into 1" slices
3 eggs
3/4 c. half and half
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Pour into a greased 9" pan. Place the bread on top. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together and pour on top of the bread. Refrigerate overnight. Take out 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serves 2.

6 comments:

Katerina said...

I totally believe you. It looks so juicy and sweet I cannot resist.

Unknown said...

Um, why do you always do this to me?! Sitting here drinking coffee, breakfast on my mind and then I click on your blog and see these PHOTOS of such delicious treats!

This French Toast looks over the top GOOD! Would love to make it for family and company!

Unknown said...

Oh yum, Laurie! I'd eat that for dessert and breakfast!

Anonymous said...

It certainly does sound sinful!

Lisa said...

That really does look decadent. I don't usually like french toast, but one look at your picture and even I'm tempted.

Needful Things said...

Oh dear, you had me at 'french toast'. I am going to try this one out over the weekend. Thanks for sharing!