Paula's Poppy Seed Chicken


As you may already know, I'm a big Paula fan. Honestly, her recipes are the BEST. This is another favorite that we can't get enough of.

Some of my friends have been asking me to post some low fat recipes once in awhile, so I'll try! In the fall I just find myself making alot of comfort foods that are usually full of calories. But this could easily be lightened by using fat free chicken soup and lite sour cream. Of course you would need to cut back on the butter and use low fat Ritz.

Give it a try..it's really wonderful!


Poppy Seed Chicken
  {Paula Deene}

4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
5 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix the chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds. Pour into a 1.5 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle the crackers on top, drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

5 comments:

Katerina said...

This looks easy and comforting. I like that you tried to lighten it up. It is always good to watch the calories we get.

Avril said...

Yummy chicken dish!

I am also a HUGE fan of PD! LOVE her!!!! :-)

Lisa said...

This really looks creamy and delicious. I like how it can still be lightened up a little and yet taste great.

Unknown said...

This looks SO simple and comforting! I love the poppy seeds!

This would make a nice dish for this weekend, maybe with mashed or roasted sweet potatoes so you get that black and orange look!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Love my girl Paula! I have never tried this recipe before. It looks wonderful!