Cinnamon Raisin Bread


Yum!!!!!!!!

This bread didn't last long in our house.

I really liked the recipe. It was easy and it had very little fat and sugar, but was full of flavor! Well, it had very little sugar until I drenched it with a powdered sugar glaze. I guess you still don't get that much sugar on each slice once you cut it, though.

In fact next time I make it...which will be this weekend....I plan to make 2 small loaves without the glaze. it really didn't need it. But it was harder to toast made in a round, so for toasting I am going to try pans this time.









Cinnamon Raisin Bread
{squido.com}

1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. honey
1 c. raisins
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 T. melted butter
3 c. flour, divided
1 package dry yeast
1 1/4 c. warm water

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1 1/4 c. warm water. Stir in the honey. Mix in the butter, salt and 2 c. of flour. Beat on low speed till blended, then beat 1 more minute on high. Stir in remaining 1 c. of flour by hand. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Punch batter down and add cinnamon and raisins. Shape into loaf and let rise 30 to 40 minutes. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

3 comments:

Katerina said...

I can understand why it didn't last long. It wouldn't last in my house either.

Unknown said...

This is my kids favorite bread of all time...when I buy it at the store!

I NEED to just get down to making my own bread! I keep saying I will...and I bought the yeast...but I just haven't done it!

Thanks for reminding me I CAN!!! I CAN! I CAN!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

I am always such a sucker for sweet glazes..even if the recipe doesn't call for one, I usually end up putting a drizzle on. I think it looks fancier too :-)