Crunchy Apple Salad Recipe


I really enjoyed this salad. I've been on the look out for lower calorie recipes that taste GOOD and this does! It's 109 calories, 3g fat, 3g fiber for 3/4 c. {Of course for the photo above I added some extra nuts and cranberries on top.} I think that's a pretty generous serving for the calories,too.



I loved the texture and taste of the crunchy apples and nuts along with the chewy cranberries.  The cinnamon in the creamy dressing really added so much flavor. It's a keeper!

Crunchy Apple Salad
{Healthy Cooking}

6 T. fat-free sugar free vanilla yogurt
6 T. reduced fat whipped topping
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 medium red apples, chopped
1 green apple, chopped
1/4 c. dried cranberries
2 T. chopped walnuts

Mix the yogurt, whipped cream and cinnamon. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Refrigerate until serving.

6 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

I love Waldorf salad but it's so high in calories. This salad sounds so similar and tasty...I've got to give it a try!

Lorri said...

As soon as I lose the 12 lbs. I gained over the holidays, I will be trying many of your fabulous recipes you have posted. This one looks DELISH!

Katerina said...

When I met my husband he invited me to his home and cooked for me pasta with tuna and cabbage and apple salad. Well, he hasn't cooked for me anything since that day. This salad reminded me of that one he made for me. I will make it for him to remind him of that dinner.

Pam said...

Great apple salad with the cranberries and walnuts. And I like that it's done the healthy way!

Lisa said...

Can't believe how healthy this salad is. Sounds like a wonderful dish.

CaSaundraLeigh said...

I always love trying out new salads--this one sounds like it has great flavor combos and bonus that it's low cal as well!