Home made Ice Cream Recipe


Guess what I got for Christmas?

An Ice Cream maker!

I've been making ice cream every chance I get.

It's so easy and delicious I wonder how I've gotten by without one for so long. So far I haven't experimented much. I keep making the vanilla over and over. At some point I'll have to get going and try something else. I keep meaning too.... as I found tons of ice cream recipes I want to try.

But everybody just loves the vanilla so much!

 This is the recipe I have been using:

Simple Vanilla Ice Cream
{Cuisinart}

1 c. whole milk
3/4 c. granulated sugar
pinch of salt
2 c. heavy cream
1 T. pure vanilla extract

In a  medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk  to combine the milk, sugar, and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.

Pour into freezer and mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My neighbor has one and makes it all the time! I must get one!! Jealous!

Lisa said...

Good for you. An ice cream maker sounds like a fun thing to experiment with and, from the looks of your vanilla ice cream, you're off to a great start.

Brownieville Girl said...

I love vanilla ice-cream - hard to move to other flavours!!!

Needful Things said...

How I envy you your ice-cream maker.
Your ice cream looks perfectly creamy & delicious!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Aren't they the greatest?! I got one 2 years ago when I moved into my apartment as one of many housewarming gifts! I don't use it as often as I should. But I love ice cream and even eat it on these frigid days haha!

My car BARELY started yesterday and it was even plugged in. The remote start wouldn't work, so I trudged out at 7 am. The college didn't even delay classes which I thought was a bit extreme--you are lucky you got to stay in side. Next week is supposed to be in the 20's supposedly..that'll be a heat wave! :-/

Katerina said...

These ice cream makers make our life so much easier. I have one too and make all shorts of ice cream. It looks yummy!

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen said...

This looks SO good! Thanks for sharing :)