Applesauce bread




This dessert bread was a nice change of pace from my usual banana bread I make so often. There were raisins and nuts in every bite!

I copied the recipe down from a magazine I was reading while waiting for a doctors appointment. They always have the best magazines in waiting rooms, except I hate it when they call your name and you have to leave right in the middle of a good article. It seems that always happens to me!




Applesauce Bread

1 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp, ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. raisins
1 c. chopped walnuts

Mix the first 5 ingredients. Combine the dry together and add the rest to the applesauce mixture. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Pour into 2 greased laof pans and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

No comments: