Caramel Corn Flake Cookies


Do you ever remember making these crunchy cookies as a kid?

I used to make them when I was a teenager. They are so easy! My friends and I liked to grab a handful to munch on while we walked to the roller skating rink. I hadn't thought about them for quite awhile, but since I had a box of Corn Flakes on hand.... I was trying to think of ways to use it up. Then this recipe came to mind.

They are a wonderfully chewy, crunchy, caramel flavored cookie. And just as I remembered, hard to eat just one!

Caramel Corn Flake Cookies

1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. coconut
5 cups Corn Flakes

Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Remove and stir in sugars. Add egg. Stir in coconut and corn flakes. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper and bake at 350 for 10 minutes until golden brown.

5 comments:

Katerina said...

I have never eaten these cookies but it is never too late to start!

Unknown said...

OK, so weird because when I was little I did something similar w/Frosted Flakes and Peanut Butter and I have been thinking so much about them recently! I used to make a tray of them and cut them into squares and would want to eat the whole darn thing! These look great!

Pam said...

What a unique recipe! They sound great and nothing beats a crunchy cookie. Yum!!!

Lisa said...

This recipe sounds fantastic! My mouth is watering already. I'm definitely going to have to get some cornflakes.

Brownieville Girl said...

I have only recently heard of cornflake cookies - they look delicious.