Walnut Dessert Sauce



This is a wonderful topping for ice cream!

I made some home made vanilla ice cream last week, and realized I didn't have any toppings on hand. So I found this recipe in one of my trusty, well worn Taste of Home magazines. We love nuts, so I was pretty confident we would like this, and we did!



I served it slightly warm over the ice cream....it reminded me of maple nut ice cream...one of my favorites!




Walnut Dessert Sauce

3/4 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
In a heavy sauce pan, combine the first four ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in walnuts. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Serve over ice cream or pound cake.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Give me a straw and let me go to town! A great homemade dessert sauce perfect for an ice cream social! Thanks for sharing Laurie!

Katerina said...

I am keeping this for the warmer days I hope they will eventualy come here!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, who needs ice cream? A spoon, please! Bookmarking!