Paula's Bacony Potato Salad


If you have been following my blog you already know how much I like Paula Deen. Her recipes ROCK! I was looking through her magazine the other day for some cool recipes to make during our hot July days and saw this one. I liked the idea of adding cheese and bacon...and no eggs.

We really enjoyed this....it tasted like a loaded bake potato! I did make a few changes in the recipe...sorry Paula...but I used low fat mayo and sour cream. If it was this good with low fat,  I can only imagine how great it must be with regular! I also cut the recipe in half...way too much for the two of us....and I also used baby reds, leaving the skin on. I really liked the texture it added!


Bacony Potato Salad

12 c. {1 inch} cubed baking potato{about 6 large}
12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/3 c. chopped green onion
1 1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1 [ 1-ounce package ranch dry dressing mix
1/2 tsp. salt
1 {8oz.} package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
 Boil potatoes until just tender. drain well and cool 20 minutes.Combine bacon, onion,mayo, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Add to potato mixture. Gently stir in cheese and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.Makes 8-10 servings.

No comments: