Restaurant Salsa


I am always pleased when I try ANY of Pioneer Woman's recipes! They are always winners.This one is another I will be using often.

I had a bunch of cilantro I needed to use up and remembered reading about a restaurant salsa on her blog. I was pretty sure I had all the ingredients on hand so I looked the recipe up here and made a batch. I'm so glad I gave it a try!

 It reminded me of the salsa Brent and I love at one of our  favorite restaurants in Duluth called Little Angie's. We like to sit outside sipping drinks and eating chips and salsa as we watch all the people walking by at Canal Park. You'd think by the time we ate so many chips we wouldn't have room for dinner, but somehow we always manage to find room!

Last month when we went to Duluth we didn't stay by Canal Park and eat at Little Angie's, but instead rented a cabin at Dodges Log Lodges in Two Harbors. It was the cutest..so cozy, and we had such a nice time..even if the weather was kind of cold! { we did eat at Betty's Pies, Rustic Inn and Fitgers Brewhouse..some of our other favorites along Superior}


The name of the cabin was the Fitzgerald..after the ship that went down back in the 70's...remember the song? Inside in a book shelf, I found a couple of books about the wreck that I really enjoyed reading.

Here's the view from our window:


One of the nights it stormed which was kind of cool. The waves were huge!





They came crashing in and just pounded the rocks below. The spray reached our windows! It seems whatever the weather, we always enjoy Lake Superior. We have been vacationing on the north shore for over 30 years.

Anyway, now that I have the restaurant salsa recipe, we can have it anytime we want, not just when we are in Duluth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salsa looks wonderful! And what beautiful pics. :)

Desi said...

Looks tasty! I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html