Summer Berry Pie


Brent told me this was the best dessert I had ever made. Hmmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about that!

This pie only took 2 minutes. Well maybe 5, as I did take the time to rinse the berries. I didn't even make the crust...I bought it.

It WAS really creamy, cool, fruity and delicious, but usually I spend alot more time on the desserts I make.


It was just so HOT and humid that I was trying to come up with some lighter, refreshing things to make. I really didn't want to use the oven. I had picked up a low fat graham cracker crust at the store thinking I was just going to make a chocolate pudding pie when I decided I needed to use up some berries.

So, I took an 8 oz. low fat cream cheese and  mixed 1/3 c. of sugar with it, then folded in an 8 oz. container of low fat whipped topping. I poured some on the bottom of the crust and then sprinkled the berries over that. I spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top of them.

That's it.

Really, it only took minutes.

I'm glad Brent liked it so much, it certainly is easy to throw together!


Summer Berry Pie

1 pre made graham cracker crust
1 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 8oz. container whipped topping
berries of your choice (I used about a cup each of raspberries and blueberries}

Beat the cream cheese and sugar. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour some into the crust. Sprinkle berries on top. Spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture over the top. Serve with more whipped topping and berries.

Links
Just something I whipped up
its a blog party
motivate me monday
33 shades of green
Sassy chef
life as mom

6 comments:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Your pie looks delicious and refreshing! You can't beat fresh berries in the summer. Thanks so much for linking up.
Alissa

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks for stopping in. By the way, I had second thoughts about posting 'warm' peach pie, but did it anyway. :-) Your pie there looks so cool and refreshing. I'll take a piece right after I'm done with the warm peach. lol

Cranberry Morning said...

P.S. Have you thought about enabling your e-mail (on your profile page)? It makes leaving a message lots easier.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one beautiful pie, it just made my drool list! :)

Join Weekday Potluck Meme and link up your food entries for the week! :)

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

Yummy!! I love easy, cream cheesy, whipped creamy, berry pies. We made similar desserts all the time growing up. I love the idea of putting the fruit on the bottom. Definitely going to try this soon!! I always think it is funny when I make something really fast and easy and my husband raves over it more than the time consuming meals and treats. If I didn't enjoy baking so much, I might just switch over to all easy treats! :)

annies home said...

sounds delicious gonna also try with strawberries