Cheddar Almond Salad recipe

 


I love salads..especially with nuts on them, almonds being a favorite. This salad has plenty of sugared almonds on top, adding a nice sweet crunch.

The dressing is also sweet.... and addictive....I kept adding more and more. There's nothing better than a good salad on a warm summer day. It sure has been hot here again!

I'm getting excited for Saturday..I can wait to see Pioneer Woman's new TV show on Food Network. {I just saw an ad for the show as I'm writing this.} I work at the store that day, but I already have it set to record. I can look forward to going home after work to watch it.

I have her book and tried lots of her recipes...my favorite being her Cinnamon rolls. That maple frosting is killer. I wonder what new recipes she will have on her show...it will be fun to see!


Here's the recipe for the salad from Taste of Home:

Cheddar Almond Lettuce Salad
(Taste of Home}

1/2 c. slivered almonds
3 Tbsp. sugar
9 c. romaine, torn
2 hard cooked eggs,sliced (I left out)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese 


Honey Mustard dressing:
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. paprika

In a small skillet cook the almonds and sugar until lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool on top of some foil. Divide the lettuce,eggs, and cheese among salad plates.

In a blender combine the sugar,vinegar,honey,lemon juice, onion powder,celery seed, mustard,paprika, and salt. While processing, gradually add the oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with almonds. Serves 9.


Links
Cast Party wednesday
Delicious dishes
tasty thursdays



3 comments:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

The combination of ingredients in your dressing sounds so good! I'm also really looking forward to PW's new show! Thanks for the reminder - I need to set the DVR to record it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back and join me next week for another awesome party full of fansastic recipes!

AudreyO said...

Yum, I'm always seeking new salad ideas. My kids of course want lettuce and tomatoes with ranch dressing. Me, I like to expand out just a bit from that.