Coconut Joy Candy......12 weeks of Christmas


I often make coconut dipped candy balls for the holidays, you can find that recipe here.

BUT this year....... I think I will make these instead!

I saw the recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and knew I'd like them. I made just a small batch to try them out and both Brent and I agreed...they are awesome! 





Buttery, rich and delicious, are just a few words that come to mind. They were easy to make and only have a few ingredients. They look pretty on a tray and would be great for a cookie exchange!






Be sure to check out the other 12 Weeks of Christmas recipes, and thanks to Meal Planning Magic for hosting the blog hop!

Coconut Joys

1 1/2 c. flaked coconut
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted {I used less}
1 oz. milk chocolate, melted
2 Tbsp. chopped pecans

Mix the coconut, powdered sugar and melted butter. Roll into 1 in. balls. Use the end of a wooden spoon to make an indentation.. Fill with melted chocolate, sprinkle with nuts. Store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.



17 comments:

Meal Plan Mom (Brenda) said...

Chocolate and coconut--a wonderful combo! I like how easy these are to make too. Glad you are sharing them in the blog hop!

Beth said...

Those look like sweet little treats!

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

I'm not a big coconut fan, but this post has me craving one of these treats right now. Thanks for sharing!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Coconut? Chocolate? Nuts? Who on earth would give these up in an exchange??! lol Look and sound delicious!

kita said...

Oh wow these look like I could chew on more than one before feeling a bit guilty!

Pamela said...

Oh, yum! These are so different. And wouldn't the be nice with a little dollop of caramel under the chocolate, too?? :)

Eleanor@Eatinglikeahorse said...

I think Coconut Joys are like our Bounty bars, which are delicious! Add pecans and they look like a winner to me :-)

Kristen said...

I would love to get a plate of those little gems for the holidays. They look so delicious and so pretty, too!

Melanie @ Melanie Cooks said...

I love coconut flakes in desserts, they are so addictive! Those sweet balls look so delicious! Chocolate and coconut - yum!

The Poet Herself said...

So easy and they sound so yummy! I love coconut. I must make these!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh man, it's like an almond joy. But better. Sigh. I will be making these too! :)

Tracy said...

Oh these look absolutely lovely! I've never seen anything quite like them before. Yum!!

Lisa said...

Those look like yummy little bites.

Meredith said...

I've made these a couple times now andoil going to again for a Christmas cookie exchange. I always get asked for your recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Such an original cookie and so easy to make!

Anonymous said...

Just made these. Didn't have chocolate so used vanilla bits & pecans. Love the taste & they are pretty too. Could probably use food coloring to decorate.

Jennifer said...

These look amazing! One question -- did you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut? I imagine that makes a big difference in the amount of powdered sugar you add. Thanks!