Peanutty Pork stir fry


This is my new favorite stir fry recipe!

I love the combo.....pork, red pepper, carrots, and pineapple. Very pretty as well as tasty! The peanutty sauce is just perfect over rice and the chunks of nuts on top add a nice crunch. I doubled the recipe as it serves only 2....the 3 of us ate it all. Next time I may double it yet again, as I think leftovers would be just as good the next day!


Peanutty Pork Stir fry
{Taste of Home}

1{ 8 oz.} can of pineapple chunks
1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into strips
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
3/4 c. red pepper, sliced
3/4 c. carrots, chopped
3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp. teriyaki sauce { I omitted}
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. chopped dry roasted peanuts

Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set aside.In a large skillet, stir fry the pork in oil until no longer pink. Add the red pepper, carrot,and onions. Cook until crisp tender. Stir in the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and reserved pineapple juice, Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes until thickened. { I added a bit of corn starch} Stir in peanuts and pineapple. Serve with rice. {serves 2}





5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

If I hadn't just put a pot roast in the slow cooker, we would be having this for dinner tonight! This is definitely a recipe I will love. Thanks for posting it. :-)

Melanie @ Melanie Cooks said...

Stir-fries with pineapple are so tasty! This is basically a home version of sweet-n-sour pork!

Beth said...

I love peanut flavors in stir fries. This looks amazing!

Katerina said...

I love your combo too! Stir fry is one of the best ways to cook pork!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Can't wait to try it. I love recipes with nuts.