Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pina Colada Muffins



I guess I should have posted this recipe in the summer...it seems more appropriate than fall, but truth be told, we eat these year round! Brent likes a breakfast sweet on the weekends, so I often whip up a quick muffin Saturday mornings. This is one of our favorites.



I got this recipe years ago from a co worker. Every Wednesday she would get up early and bake the BEST muffins to bring to work for coffee. It was such a treat. She's retired now, but I made sure I got some of her recipes!



Every bite is moist and delicious, with tiny chunks of pineapple. I love the topping...the coconut toasts up sweet and crunchy as it bakes.

I usually make half a recipe and get about 8 nice size muffins out of it. BUT I don't half the awesome topping. I use it ALL!


Pina Colada Muffins

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2     8oz. cans of crushed pineapple, NOT drained
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. coconut extract

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda.
In another bowl, mix eggs,oil, and pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.

Mix topping:
1 Tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. coconut

Sprinkle on top of muffins and bake at 375 about 20 minutes or until light brown.

links
cast party wednesday

8 comments:

Katerina said...

Pina Colada is perhaps the only cocktail I drink with pleasure so I believe these muffins are mouthwatering as well! Thank you for your kind words Laurie!

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

Anita Stafford said...

I love the look of these muffins and the ingredients sound so good. I'm a muffin fanatic!

Morsels of Life said...

As soon as I saw that first picture, I knew I had to make these muffins! Even tho fall's just started, sometimes we just need a reminder of warmer weather :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my, those do look yummy!

Robyn Rasmussen said...

My mouth is watering already! These look DELICIOUS and have been pinned! :)
Just stopping by from Lady behind the curtain link up.
-Robyn from http://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I just made these - yummy! Both boys approved! Note: I didn't have coconut extract so I used plain old Vanilla Extract. Still tasted great - just not as coconut as it could be. :)

Anonymous said...

I made these the other day and they are very good. I subbed half the oil for applesauce.
Thanks for the recipe!