Thursday, December 29, 2011

Creamed Corn and Bacon


This was another new dish for me. My daughter made this while we were there over Christmas. I've seen the recipe many times and I knew it would be good with all that cream and bacon!

But I didn't know how good. Wow. I closed my eyes with every bite I took. I've been thinking about it ever since... so yesterday I bought the ingredients.

 I couldn't help myself. I have to have some more!




Creamed Corn and Bacon


1 T. butter
4 c. fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. chicken broth
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Saute the corn in the butter until tender. Stir in the cream,broth, bacon, and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes until cream is thickened. Stir in cheese and serve.(you can add onion if you like...just saute with the corn}

3 comments:

Katerina said...

Mmm, I can totally understand you. I woudl have done the same if I ate this beautiful side dish! Happy and Prosperous New Year!

AudreyO said...

I bought turkey bacon for a recipe and it just isn't the same :( Corn, cream and bacon...yum!!!!

Jlynn said...

Found your recipe on Pinterest, had it for dinner and it was Incredible! The only suggestion I have is to use the ENTIRE package of bacon rather than 4 strips. LOL