Slow Cooked Chili



I love coming home to supper already made in the crock pot! Especially on a cold day like this. Nothing beats a warm bowl of chili and this chili just hits the spot.

 We liked the two kinds of beans and the zip from the green chili's and spices. I think the pizza sauce gives it a nice flavor too. I serve it with corn chips and cheese on top.... I like to scoop it up with the chips!



Slow Cooked Chili

2 lb. hamburger
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of chili beans or kidney beans
2 cans of stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz. each)
1 15oz can of pizza sauce
1 can of chopped green chili's
4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Brown burger and onion,add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 6 hours in the crock pot.

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Except for the pizza sauce, I've made that very same recipe. Isn't it delicious!! Love the shredded cheese on top. And your photo is gorgeous! :-)

Melanie @ Melanie Cooks said...

Very tasty looking chili! Best of all, it's so easy - the slow cooker does all the work!

Beth said...

You've just reminded me that it's been a while since I made chili. It's a perfect winter meal!