White Chicken Enchiladas




This is another Pinterest recipe I found...there were so many reviews of how good it was, I thought I should try it.

I have a ton of chicken enchilada recipes, and I have to say I pretty much like them all. I don't think you can go wrong with chicken and cheese in any dish!

And, this was also VERY good! Every cheesy bite.

See?







I added some more green chili's and some cumin as I read a few reviews that said it wasn't very spicy. I also didn't pour the full amount of sauce over the top. It just seemed like too much, and some reviews said theirs was too runny. Mine baked up perfectly...just the right amount. 

I will definitely make this again, it was super easy, SO tasty, and a great way to use up leftover chicken!





White Chicken Enchiladas

10 flour tortillas
2 c. cooked and shredded chicken
2 c. shredded Monterrey jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. sour cream
1 can green chili's
1 tsp. cumin

Mix the chicken with 1 cup of cheese and spread in the shells. Roll up and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Melt the butter and add the flour and cook 1 minute.Whisk in the chicken broth and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, add the cumin, green chili's and sour cream. Stir well and pour over the tortillas. Sprinkle with 1 c. of cheese( I added more) and bake at 350 for 22 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is browned. Let sit a few minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Katerina said...

Looks delicious Laurie! I love enchiladas!

Michele said...

This is a beautiful thing. Yumm! Don't you just love Pinterest? My latest blog post is also a Pinterest recipe. I'm so addicted.