Anne Burrell's Hot Chocolate


 I was reading my Food Network magazine, The Chocolate issue, and saw this recipe for hot chocolate. It sounded so good, I decided I needed to whip it up right away. The article was comparing Bobby Flays recipe to Anne's, and while his looked good too, I had most of the ingredients on hand to try Anne's.

Mine is not as thick or as rich as Anne's, but nonetheless, warm, chocolaty and delicious! (I didn't have whole milk, so I used 1%.}

 It really hit the spot. Next time I'll try Bobby's recipe,too!




Anne Burrell's Hot Chocolate
3 c. whole milk
1 c. evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbs. cornstarch
pinch of cinnamon

CIn a saucepan, combine the milk, evap milk and vanilla. Warm on low heat. Add the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Whisk until it comes to a boil, remove and serve.

No comments: