Low cal brownie in a mug


This is my latest obsession.

I'm addicted to all those single serve mug desserts. They are so easy to make, and taste so delicious. But they are also SO fattening!

I searched and searched and finally found this low fat version. It really satisfies my chocolate craving. It's so warm, moist and chocolaty! I love the melted mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top. I found that it seems to bake best in a ramekin, and that you need to measure your ingredients carefully...make sure it's a good pinch of baking soda, too. I found the recipe at She fit, and you can check out the ww points and nutrition info there.

I've been making this almost every night..and I don't feel so guilty with this lowfat  recipe!


Low Fat Brownie in a Mug

1 T. flour
1 T. unsweetened cocoa
3/4 T. splenda brown sugar
2 T. unsweetened applesauce
1/8 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
pinch of baking soda
6 dark chocolate pieces ( I used mini chocolate chips)

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I think that 'brownie in a mug' idea is so cute! What a fun thing to serve guests - and especially kids.

AudreyO said...

I made a brownie in a mug the other day but mine was about 300 calories. I like this recipe much better.

Alice said...

How long would you cook this in the microve for? A minute?