Lime Cucumber Salsa


I made this just for me.

 I love cucumbers and love lime, so I knew I'd like this. I didn't try it out on Brent yet, but after tasting it, {and eating the whole bowl}...  I think he will really like it too.

It's so light and refreshing, and just perfect with some salty chips!

I've really been into the salsa lately...I have a few more recipes I want to try. In fact, tomorrow for our Memorial Day picnic, I'm trying a mandarin orange salsa that sounds pretty good. I'm also trying a Root beer Pie recipe, and some red white and blue cookies. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post those later this week.

This recipe comes from my T of H Appetizer cookbook. Enjoy!

I sure did!

Lime Cucumber Salsa

1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced
1 minced garlic clove
3 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. grated lime peel
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate at least2 hours before serving.





2 comments:

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I love salsa too! I would have never thought to use cucumbers? This sounds so refreshing!
Blessings,
Susie

Lynn said...

I just made this and it turned out great! Blogged about too, thanks:@)