Turkey Supreme



I got this recipe from a friend of mine who makes this quite often for potlucks and family gatherings.It's perfect for graduation parties.  It's an easy recipe, feeds a lot of people and can be made ahead of time. She cooks the turkey breast all day in a crock pot, then shreds it, and melts and adds the rest of the ingredients.  

The results are fantastic..creamy, rich and delicious!


Turkey Supreme

one 6 lb. turkey breast, cooked and shredded
2 to 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 of a large box of Velveeta cheese
1/2 of a large cream cheese (4 oz.}
1 stick butter
Melt the broth, Velveeta, cream cheese and butter, pour on top of shredded turkey, keep warm in a crock pot and serve on buns.





13 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I'm looking for something to make for the grandkids (and their parents) this weekend. I bet they'd LOVE this!

Ashleigh Nichole said...

This looks very yummy!

Anonymous said...

Tried this and the whole family LOVED IT! Thank you so very much for sharing. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something different but tasty to share for a family event.

Anonymous said...

Awesome - my whole family loved this. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

We make Turkey Supreme allot in our area, but to the shredded white turkey breast meat, we use american cheese slices(cheese that must be refrigerated) instead of the velveeta( way too salty, and anytime "cheese" can be boughtened off the shelf....well in my humble opinion,it's just not cheese) butter, turkey juice, and pepper. No need for salt as all cheese has enough. Add only enough turkey juice to moisten as you don't want the "supreme" dripping out of the bun. Serve the turkey supreme hot. Our church ladies make this all the time for many events.

Anonymous said...

We add onions and celery, sometimes shredded carrots. :)

Anonymous said...

About how many people would you say this feeds?

laurie said...

I'm not sure how many it feeds, as it is my friends recipe. I haven't made it for awhile myself either. I'm guessing at least 1 dozen buns plus!

GG said...

Sorry, I am going to disagree- this recipe just isn’t the same without using velveeta- and I consider myself to be a “cheese snob” but would highly recommend to others to leave recipe as is- the turkey comes out moist and delicious, it has always been a big hit for any gathering! Trust me, this is one to try for your next gathering!

Val said...

I have had this & it is delicious😋 I can't remember tho if we added cream chz or mushroom soup

Anonymous said...

This is delicious�� I can't remember if I used cream chz or mushroom soup

Val said...

How many people will 6# of shredded turkey feed

Anonymous said...

Can this be frozen??