Brownie Mounds


I  kind of screwed up this recipe...but amazingly it turned out great anyway! In fact, AWESOME!

I accidentally used 1/2 c. butter and 1/2 c. corn syrup, instead of 1/3c. as the recipe stated. I had pulled out the 1/2 measuring cup from the drawer instead of the 1/3 cup! Oh well.

I really didn't know if the cookies would spread while baking, or how the consistency would be, but they were rich, chewy, moist and tasted JUST like a brownie!

(They were pretty addictive, too.)

Next time I make them ,I think I will stick with the 1/2 c. instead of the 1/3..... as we really like them the way they turned out.

This is one time I'm glad I screwed up!

Brownie Cookies
[Quick Cooking]

1/3 c. butter,softened
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. light corn syrup
1 egg
3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (I used pecans)

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the corn syrup and egg. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla. In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Drop by tablespoons onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until edges are firm. Cool. Makes 3 dozen.

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

They look fantastic, Laurie, and anything with extra butter and pecans can't be anything but delicious.♥

Katerina said...

Sometimes accidents do create amazing things. They look delicious!

Juliana said...

Laurie, I am glad that your mistake turned out awesome...your brownie cookies sure look great...can I have one? I just finish my lunch :)
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Anonymous said...

wow those are making my mouth water! thanks for sharing!