Watermelon Salsa


This is a great way to use up watermelon! I usually buy too big of one, and then get tired of eating it everyday. But with this salsa I could eat the whole recipe!

I'd have to share with Brent though, as he really likes this too. It's just so light and refreshing.... and tastes of summertime! The combo of the sweet watermelon with the bite from the peppers, and the crunchy cucumbers is irresistible on top of the salty chips.

Before you know it, the bowl is empty!

Watermelon Salsa
Carolyn Butterfield

2 c. seeded finely chopped watermelon
1/2 c. chopped cucumber
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
1/4 c. chopped sweet red pepper
1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and minced
1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
1 Tbsp.minced fresh mint (I omitted)
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. lime juice (I added more)

Mix all the ingredients together and drizzle honey and lime on top. Gently toss and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Best when served cold.

3 comments:

Aledia said...

Sounds yummy and refreshing!! Thank You for sharing the recipe.
Have a wonderful night!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Cranberry Morning said...

This looks fantastic. I can't wait to make it! Thanks for posting the recipe and the great photo.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Love all these salsas you have been posting! I love all salsas!
Blessings,
Susie