Pepper Jack Burgers


I saw a recipe similar to this in the local newspaper...but they were called Monterrey Burgers. I changed it to our favorite cheese....pepper jack, and served them with BBQ sauce.

They were terrific...spicy, juicy, and so EZ!

The recipe made 4 burgers so I froze 2 of them. I'm anxious to grill them this weekend!




Pepper Jack burgers

1 lb. burger
4 oz. can chopped green chillies, drained
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 slices pepper jack cheese

Mix the burger, green chilies, cilantro, chili powder, and salt. Shape into 4 burgers and grill. Top with cheese, grilling until cheese is melted.







5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

We love pepper jack cheese! It is a staple item around here. :-)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This photo made my mouth water - they look so good! We also like pepper jack so I will try this soon! Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box!

Pam said...

Pepper Jack cheese is great and I don't know why I've never put it on a burger at home. Your burger looks yummy and I want to try this with the cheese and green chillies. Perfect summer food!!!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

Mmmmmm....Love burgers and I love pepper jack

www.cancerinthecity.com

My Dream Canvas said...

This looks delicious. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu