Pinterest find....No Bake Strawberry Ice Box Cake




I found this fun idea on Pinterest from So, How's it Taste? It sounded so interesting.....just 3 ingredients. Basically you line a pan with graham crackers, then cool whip, and then sliced strawberries. You just keep layering until the pan is full. 

When I showed Brent he didn't think I should even try it. He thought it looked good, but wasn't sure about how the graham crackers would taste. He thought they would get way too soggy.

I made it anyway!

I had all the stuff, so I just made a small loaf pan size. I made it before I went to work , and we ate it for dessert that night. I thought it was an awesome dessert, so light and fluffy....and low in fat and calories. (I used low fat graham crackers and lite cool whip.) I also added some blueberries along with the strawberries,too. I liked the texture...the crackers were soft, but not soggy.

Brent liked it that night, but not the next day. The crackers did get much softer, but I liked it that way, too. I will definitely make this again, but make sure to only make enough to eat up in one day.

I read some of the comments on So How's it taste? and it was recommended NOT to use generic graham crackers, but a name brand. They also tried different flavors of grahams like chocolate and cinnamon.

I think I'll try chocolate next time!

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Crazy Southern Woman said...

I'll be trying this for sure!

Juliana said...

Wow, this look so good!
Have a great weekend Laurie :)