New England Butternut Squash


If you are a fan of squash, then you will like this recipe. It has a hint of sweetness that is irresistible! While I do love squash with just a dab of butter, this is a real treat. I served it along side BBQ chicken. Delicious!



New England Butternut Squash
T of H

1 medium butternut squash
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. maple syrup
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave safe dish,add 1/2 in. water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes until tender,drain. Scoop out and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Serves 5. ( I baked my squash, not microwaved)



4 comments:

Diane said...

I love squash and just baked one
now I'll have to try your topping it sounds delicious.

Mindy | Pie on Sunday said...

We love squash, especially sweetened with brown sugar and with marshmallows on top. Will try this with maple syrup. Thanks for sharing!

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks like a tasty rendition of butternut squash! I've got to remember to use mine. I just stored them in the basement and it's easy to forget that they're there! I think I'll bring up one to use for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe. :-)

Ashleigh Nichole said...

I love squash. This looks amazing & sounds delish. Thanks for sharing I am so going to have to try it out :)