Maple Cream Bonbons


The first time I tasted these, I knew I had to get the recipe! My mother in law makes these every year for Christmas. When Brent and I were dating I was invited over for dinner one night. For dessert she served Christmas goodies. These were one of my favorites. I think I ate a ton, how embarrassing!  She probably had to make more after I left for the rest of the holiday.

I don't make them every year, as I eat them ALL. But this year I HAD to have some, so I made just half of the recipe. I still have some in the freezer....right now anyway!





Maple Cream Bonbons

1 c. butter, softened, no substitutes
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar ( sometimes I use a bit less, so they are creamier)
3 T. maple flavoring ( seems like alot, but I like it this way, you can adjust to your taste)
2 c. chopped walnuts
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips ( I often use all chocolate chips instead)

Cream the butter and powdered sugar. Add the maple flavoring. Stir in the walnuts. Shape into balls and put in the freezer until firm. Melt the chips and dip the bonbons!




Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom used to make these, I love them! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I love maple anything!