My son loves these cookies. He's usually not much for baked goods, but he sure eats his share of these cookies!
The recipe is right off the top of the Quaker oats box, and I have made them for years. They always turn out perfectly, and that teaspoon of cinnamon just gives them a perfect flavor. I add more raisins....can't have too many of them in these chewy cookies.
They are just plain delicious!
- Vanishing Oatmeal cookies
- Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
Cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla beating well. Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats and raisins. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.