Pimiento cheese


One of the great things about living here is being able to buy the awesome bread at Great harvest Bread Co. My favorite is just the regular whole wheat. BUT I also am quite fond of the cinnamon chip, and the loaded baked potato bread is wonderful too. Actually, I haven't tried any of their bread that I didn't like!

Nothing tastes better on their whole wheat bread than pimento cheese. I usually make it with cream cheese, but I didn't have any in the frig. So I googled it and came up with this recipe from Southern Living. It was delicious,and as creamy as my other recipe. In fact, I think I even liked it better!
Pimiento Cheese
(Southern Living)
1 1/2 cups mayo
1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. finely grated onion
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1 (8-oz.)  extra-sharp Cheddar cheese,  shredded
1 (8-oz.)  sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Stir the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in cheese. Can store in frig up to a week.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Your pimento cheese recipe looks wonderful! I love this stuff, especially when it's made from scratch!
Blessings,
Leslie

Elizabeth said...

We have a Great Harvest in my city as well - so delicious!