Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crispy Onion Chicken..... A taste of Home Classic




I read the title of this recipe and thought if Taste of Home lists this as one of their classics.... then I better make it.

They didn't lie.

 It deserves to be called one of their classic recipes! It has 5 star ratings on their website with great reviews.

We like french fried onion rings, and the famous green bean casserole is always a favorite of ours, but I just wasn't sure about it on chicken. I thought it might be a bit too much onion flavor. 

 Well, it was awesome! Tender, moist, and so flavorful you wanted to lick the plate clean! It had a nice slight crunch to the coating, and a buttery onion flavor. 

I'll make this one again and again!


Crispy Onion Chicken

1/2 c. butter, melted ( I used less)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can (6 oz.) french fried onions, crushed
4 boneless chicken breasts.

Melt the butter and add the Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the butter mixture, then in the crumbs. Place in a greased 9" baking dish. Pour any remaining butter and crushed onions on top. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, uncovered,  until chicken juices run clear.




3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

oh yum! French fried onions, one of my favorite things. :-)

Kat said...

What a great recipe. It looks so yummy.

Mary said...

My daughter made this and said how wonderful it tasted. My Dad ate two servings, so it must have been good!