Low fat Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt




This was my lunch yesterday.

And it was good.

I pinned it, and tried it, and am happy to say..... it's delicious!

 I liked the addition of diced apples, usually the chicken salad recipes often use just grapes. I also found I liked using JUST the Greek yogurt. Iv'e tried using half and half lite mayo and I really like that. But I wondered how it would be with just the yogurt. It had a nice light tang and a pleasant creamy texture.

Of course, I spread it on some Great Harvest bread, this time some white. I need to make another run over there and pick up some more bread. I'm on my last few slices. I'm really spoiled. It's all I buy. 

And, since I started buying this bread, I haven't even been making any. That IS a shame, so I guess I should remedy that. I've been meaning to try some rolls from Pam's Midwest kitchen ....they are next on my bread recipe list. There still is nothing better than making your own bread, even though Great Harvest comes pretty close!


Chicken Salad

1 lb. chicken breast, chopped; 1/2 c. diced red onion; 1/2 c. diced apple; 2/3 c. grapes, halved; 1/3 c. dried cranberries; 1/4 c. sliced almonds; 1/2 c. Greek yogurt; 1.5 tbsp. lemon juice; 1/2 tsp. garlic powder; salt & pepper. Mix well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds healthy!