The Perfect chocolate chip cookies...pinned it and tried it



I'm SO glad I pinned these!

I'm always a sucker when a recipe states "The best" or "The perfect"....I just have to try it.

While I'm not sure they are THE "one and only" perfect chocolate chip cookie, I would definitely put it the TOP of my cookie recipes!

We had no problems finishing off a batch. They were just as I like a cookie to be...rich, thick, buttery, full of chocolate, with nice soft slightly chewy insides. I also like the touch of sea salt on top, it did bring out the flavor of the cookie even more so.

Yes, once again...I pinned it, I tried it, and I LIKED it!





The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie


  • 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Combine the melted butter with the sugars. Stir in the egg and egg yolk. Add the vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips and nuts. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 325 for 11 minutes, soft set in the middle, do not over bake.

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Kat said...

Laurie, those look great. If you get a chance visit my blog and under cookies see my recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It is also in my cookie cookbook. Give them a try.

Ellen said...

So glad you liked them! :) At the top of the list is a high compliment indeed.