Cheddar Broccoli Salad




Here's another version of broccoli salad...this one has cheddar cheese in it. The recipe I usually make has raisins and sunflower seeds. Another difference is the addition of the red wine vinegar instead of white. We like both recipes, just depends on what I have on hand at the time!

Cheddar Broccoli Salad

6 c. broccoli, cut into pieces
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. chopped onion
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 c. mayo ( I use lite)
3/4 c. sugar ( I use splenda)
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar

Mix the mayo, sugar, and vinegar together. Add the broccoli, onion and cheese. Chill. Add the bacon before serving.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

This is one of my favorite salads! For some odd reason, it gives me heartburn, but it's totally worth it. :-) Thanks for stopping in. It must have been fun living within a mile of the lake when you were a kid. We lived near a creek and built rafts and treehouses, went swimming with the leeches, etc. :-)