Toffee Bars


This recipe is an old time favorite of many!

 Including ME!

Probably for many reasons. First it's got chocolate, one can never go wrong with chocolate. It's also easy to make. Most people have the ingredients on hand. And well it just tastes so wonderful!

If you haven't ever made this old classic, you should give it a try, and if you haven't made this old recipe for ages, well you should. You won't be disappointed!


Toffee Bars

1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 c. chocolate chips

Mix the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the flour and press into a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top, let melt a minute and spread.Cool and cut into bars.


Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh these look SOO good - I'm going to get my girls to make them for me for Mother's Day!!
Mary x

Kat said...

Yes, this is definitely an old-time favorite. I love, love chocolate so this is for me. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites! Great crowd pleaser too.

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing but should I use all purpose flour or self rising? Thanks for Sharing!