Classic Company Chicken




This is one of my favorite chicken dishes.

Another classic old recipe, tried and true. I honesty don't know of anyone who doesn't like this, it's so delicious. I think it's the combo of the bacon and dried beef wrapped around the tender chicken that gives it just the best flavor! 

I usually serve it over rice, as it helps sop up all that awesome sauce. I wouldn't want to miss ANY of the sauce....very creamy and tasty with that bacon flavor shining through. Add a veggie, ( I like it with roasted asparagus) and you have a wonderful meal to serve company!


Company Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts
4 slices bacon
1/2 jar of dried beef
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream

 Tear the dried beef into strips and place into a baking dish. Wrap one piece of  bacon around each piece of chicken and place on top of the dried beef. Mix the soup and sour cream, pour on top of the chicken. Bake at 300 for 2 hours.


Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Never used dry beef before. Where do you buy it? Is it like jerky?

laurie said...

It comes in a small jar, usually. I buy Hormel brand. It's not as thick as jerky.

I find it by the canned tuna and other meats.

Ever heard of chipped beef on toast? Others call it "$#%@" on a shingle!

I love the stuff, and it's made with dried beef,too.

Anonymous said...

Oh okay. Yes I've heard of it. Lol. Will try it!